Vice President of Activities, Campaigns and Welfare
Happy to introduce myself as the new Vice President of Activities, Campaigns & Welfare. I’ll be your go-to for all student-led activities, societies, and support.
My aim is to build up the diverse community of Ravensbourne and empower students to lead and develop their own projects. I wish to increase the cultural representation throughout the university and provide a strong platform for all students to speak their voice.
How to contact me:
Check out my Manifesto Below:
Let's make Ravensbourne great again ;)
These are the uniquely designed action points I would like to initiate within the university
- Increasing cultural representations within the university through active education. Such as organising a cultural food day where sponsors would bring food for students to sample and experience different cultures and other activities where students/staff can get involved.
- Assist students in launching their own events/businesses/exhibitions and contacting industry professionals.
- Campaigning for further clarity on the support available within the university and directly helping students with the applications process (rather than a form) or refer you to the right personnel.
- Utilising social media platforms so students can vote for events, talks, and activities they would like to see within the university. Organising Instagram live once a month with the Student Union to answer any questions you might have.
- Creating an online Ravensbourne Gallery featuring students' work. Work created within the university or within the industry in order to boost the level of exposure students have on social media and industry. As well as giving students the opportunity to organise their own workshops where they can earn money/reputation by teaching others their own skillset to people outside and within the university.
- Getting representation in the London LGBT parade.
- Designing student events more appropriately around the student schedule.
- Organising new, unique workshops – for example; starting your own business, how to invest, improving your credit score, writing contracts and financial planning for freelancers, setting up a business social media presence, ‘how much should I be earning’.
- Creating an optional mentoring programme where third years can opt-in to mentor first years helping them with – time management, making extenuating circumstances applications, mental health coping techniques, living in London advice, and course tidbits.
- A reform of the society management system. Making the creation, joining, and events scheduling easier and more sustainable for long-term success. Possibly creating Student Union sponsored Society’s in the first year in order to encourage better networking, student-elected events, and community building.
- A Ravensbourne Gala.
- A Rave Cook-Out
- Acting as a representative/mediator to communicate with lecturers when students are experiencing relationship difficulties with a tutor.
- Campaigning for greater awareness with lecturers on adapting course structure/material for students with mental health problems/disabilities.
- Creating a new support system for students living away from home specifically Scape and the effects on their mental health.
- Increase awareness and support for sexual abuse victims and consent and highlight the increased risk of sexual abuse in university and provide long-term support within the university.
- Personally, I love a freebie and would love to increase COVID relief kits to students at least once a month for when we’re stuck at home.
- Creating a 5 day a week Rave safe space via Discord, where students can jump in and talk to each other if they’re feeling lonely.
- The mentoring programme will especially focus to calm first-year nerves and increase networking for all student