Starting a club/society is a simple process. All you need is the following:
- Aims and objectives
- 8 members who are current Ravensbourne students
- 5 officers (i.e. President/Head of the society, Deputy, Treasurer etc.)
If you would like to create one, please fill out the Society Registration Form.
To get a detailed rundown of developing Societies and Clubs drop an email to Lance Bautista, our VP of Design School and Campaigns.
When it comes to Societies and Clubs there are 3 essential components.
Building, Maintaining and Growing.
It is really simple? Apart from the logo, the name and other logistics; there are 3 main things to think about when building a society.
- Aims and Goals as a society/club (this can literally be anything).
- The benefits it will have for you and others.
- The team that will help you with your society.
Communication is key you do not want people signing up and not hearing anything from you. There are 3 key things to consider.
- Communication - It’s as simple as having a group chat on any social platform.
- Planning - Some students have commitments, so its best to know the whens and where as well as the activities you want to hold.
- Involvement - Find ways you can get your members to engage with one another often and drive a sense of community/
Get more students involved The Students’ Union will help you reach out to as many students as possible to grow but what can you do? There are 3 main things to consider.
- Content - Post on you Society’s/Clubs social platforms
- Content - People attract people. Have some photos/videos when people see you and your members having fun, people would want to join.
- Content - Seeing is Believing. If students see your society/club are doing things and is consistent, they would want to join.