Societies and Clubs are a great way to meet other students from other courses, try something new and be with people with similar interest. They offer you the opportunity to enhance your university experience socially, educationally and overall individual growth.
Don’t see a Society/Club of your interest?
Why not start one yourself?
When it comes to Societies and Clubs there are 3 essential components.
Building, Maintaining and Growing.
It’s really simple ?? apart from the logo, the name and other logistics, there are 3 main things to think about when building a society.
- Aims and Goals as a society/club (This can literally be anything).
- The benefits it will have for you and others.
- The team that will help you with your society.
Communication is key you DO NOT want people signing up and not hearing anything from you. There are 3 key things to consider.
- ? Communication - It’s as simple as having a group chat on any social platform.
- Planning - Some students have commitments, so its best to know the whens and where as well as the actvitites you want to hold.
- Involvement - Find ways you can get your members to engage with one another often and drive a sense of community/
Get more students involved The Students’ Union will help you reach out to as much students as possible to grow but what can you do? There are 3 main things to consider.
- Content - Post on you Society’s/Clubs social platforms
- Content - People attract people. Have some photos/videos when people see you and your members having fun, people would want to join.
- Content - Seeing is Believing. If students see your society/club are doing things and is consistent, they would want to join.
Starting a club/society is a simple process. All you need is the following:
- Aims and objectives
- 8 members who are current Ravensbourne students
- 5 officers (i.e. President/Head of the society, Deputy, Treasurer etc.)
If you would like to create one, please fill out the Society Registration Form.
To get a detailed rundown of developing Societies and Clubs drop an email to
Lance Bautista, our VP of Design School and Campaigns at firstname.lastname@example.org